Major local employer is looking for a Technical Support Analyst provising first line support for 1000+ computer users across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. Capable of triaging and organising competing priorities under pressure, whilst maintaining a clear focus on customer service. Basic troubleshooting of incoming issues and requests, resolving incidents, and escalating more complex issues to second line support groups and beyond. Responsible for monitoring of systems, highlighting potential issues and managing major incident progress including regular and clear communication to the user community. Identify opportunities to improve existing processes and make recommendations toward implementing those improvements.
- Provide first line telephone, email and online support to predominantly English, French, Italian and Spanish speaking internal customers
- Efficiently understand, process and route customer issues using the tools provided, to the appropriate teams to ensure a quick and effective resolution
- Develop system documentation, user procedures and knowledge articles. Prepare test data. Perform system testing.
- Assist in the research of systems to determine causes of failure or poor operational performance; then help define, test and implement solutions.
- Assist in providing inputs for attainment and review of Corporate IT metrics relating to service levels.
- Learn and comply with operational and infrastructure standards, procedures, guidelines, priorities and schedules.
- Provide positive contributions as a team member of projects. Learn to provide quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives
- Provide analysis and counsel to personnel of operating units to analyze problems and develop solutions as well as assure efficient operation of existing systems. Develop an understanding of business processes and the implications of computer systems on those processes
- Participate in educational programs and professional societies involving analysis skills and computing technology.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Acts as an integral part of respective team.
- Assigned as a mentee to another team member
- Contributes ideas being respectful and understanding of individual experience and knowledge as compared to others
- Willingly takes direction from a variety of other team members
- Supports the team through meeting of commitments on assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Business, or related field required
- Ideally two years experience
- The ability to read, write, and speak French, Spanish or Italian is a strong plus
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons on 01452 429908
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.