Manual Tester – Bristol
Salary £30,000 – £38,000
GB Technology is looking for a logical thinker who is able to assess the best ways to approach testing requirements for every project allocated.
An opportunity for a Manual Tester has arisen to join a successful software business within the Bristol area. The main purpose of the Manual Tester is to uphold the software quality standard required to engage the business to deliver quality products and services.
- Analyse the requirements of projects in collaboration with Business Analysts and develop a plan, with stakeholder support, to mitigate the risks to system quality
- Estimate time and resources required to perform testing within defined timescales
- Develop test plans for tasks, dependencies and participants
- Identify and arrange the requirements needed for a robust testing setup
- Ensure effective and efficient testing across projects
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per the standards as defined
- Ensure content and structure of all testing documents, artifacts and processes is documented and maintained
- Ensure testing is continuously rigorous, accurate and up-to-date
- Work with software engineers to help them understand quality standards and contribute to the testing effort through automated testing
- Hold a high standard of quality throughout a project process
- Report on testing progress and dependencies to the Project Manager and Technical
- Director to ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones
- Be a gatekeeper on quality for project releases
- Excellent attention to detail
- Personally organised and focused on delivering on individual, team and company commitments
- Flexible and pragmatic in approach
- Works autonomously, taking ownership for personal and team delivery and outcomes
- Continuously develops and applies professional technical knowledge to drive excellent organisational performance
- Works collaboratively and supportively with colleagues across the organisation
- University education or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a tester
- Experiencing testing enterprise web/ mobile applications
- Experience working with test automation tools
Your consultant on this role will be Joe Lyons
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.