£25-30k + benefits
Our client, an established and successful Accountant and Business Adviser, is looking for a VAT Associate to join them on a full-time basis in their attractive offices in Cheltenham.
The successful VAT Associate will be assisting the CRM’s to provide a high quality VAT and Bookkeeping service, as well as achieving the KPI’s. A clear path for future progression is likely, including implementation of further projects and a business development role to expand the service.
Appropriate training will be offered to the right candidate to support their development.
The ideal VAT Associate will have extensive knowledge of financial and tax matters and advanced IT skills across accounting software. To be considered for this position you will demonstrate excellent numeracy and communication skills coupled with good problem solving and project management abilities.
The VAT Associate will take the lead in the implementation of several projects to ensure the service is fit for the future, including digitisation of working papers and outsourced data entry.
- Plan with clients and colleagues to meet bookkeeping and VAT deadlines
- Contact clients to gain information and deal with queries
- Review VAT returns and prepare any requirements to be resolved
- Plan and implement projects
- Bank, Sales and Purchase Ledger reconciliation
- Draft documents and identify ways to improve reporting, technical knowledge and bookkeeping services
- Assist with preparing and processing VAT returns
- Coach and assist colleagues, as well as supervising junior staff members
- Business development and identifying opportunities to grow the business
- Ideally AAT qualified or equivalent
- Self-motivated with a can do attitude
- Experience with Book-keeping and VAT using Xero, Sage and associated apps
- Demonstrable ability to support senior and other colleagues
- Experience of providing a VAT compliance service across a range of sectors
- Previous experience of overseeing a portfolio of VAT clients would be advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate initiative to support the client base and client relationship managers