Warehouse Manager – Gloucester
One of our key clients has out-performed the market in 2020 with a growing e-commerce arm has plans for rapid expansion. GB Solutions are supporting these growth plans by recruiting for a Warehouse Manager into a newly created role for their Gloucestershire site.
We are looking for a capable and ambitious Warehouse Manager to manage all Warehouse activities across 4 facilities and three shifts.
- Managing a Warehouse team of Shift Manager(s), Supervisors and other colleagues, split across 2 shifts and 4 facilities (approx 30 FTE)
- Managing all aspects of Goods-in receipting, Warehouse storage of products and Pick & Despatch
- Ensuring all operational KPI’s and company requirements are met, tracked and challenged
- Responsible for all HR matters, including appraisals, monitoring attendance, meeting KPI’s, personnel development plans
- Ensuring that all stock movements and all system transactions are completed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Being responsible for adherence to Company SHE (Safety, Health, Environmental) Policies and Procedures
- Assuming responsibility for all 5S Activity and other improvement activities
This is a people focussed job and your success will rely on building a strong and trusted team. You will be able to confidently demonstrate:
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise you and your teams’ work-load effectively.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Initiative to solve problems unaided
- Team working skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Knowledge and experience in warehousing Health and Safety
- Able to deal with enquiries from staff in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way.
- Reliable, helpful and polite.
- Be a role model
- An experienced man manger, you will need to demonstrate interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience in warehouse management at a supervisory level is essential
- Experience of managing SHE activities
- experience in warehouse management systems and excel spreadsheets would be beneficial.
- An understanding of 5S Activities is essential while a knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Initiatives would be a real bonus
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Performance Linked Bonus
- 22 Days holidays, plus 8 Bank Holidays, rising to 25 days holiday upon continuation of service.
- Mobile phone & Laptop
- Generous staff and friends & family discount scheme
- Reward and Recognition Scheme
- Regular staff social events paid for by the company.
- A subsidised canteen
For more information please contact Sue Waters 07840 044209
GB Commerce is your specialist in Commerce recruitment. We hire across a range of roles within eCommerce, Logistics, Planning, Procurement and Supply Chain.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage assignments in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Stroud, The Forest of Dean, Tewkesbury, Worcester and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.